Philanthropic Support Guidelines
At Bayer, we forge community partnerships with charitable organizations whose needs are among the greatest, and we serve the community in areas such as health, wellness, science, innovation and education.
Bayer welcomes proposals for corporate and/or business philanthropic support that meet the following criteria:
- Serves and benefits Canadian communities
- Has clearly defined and measurable goals and objectives
Please note that applications for corporate funding are reviewed by the Bayer Corporate Responsibility Committee.
Due to the large volume, requests are reviewed on a discretionary basis and we are not able to fund all applications that meet our guidelines.
Corporately, Bayer will not support:
- Amateur sports
- Art galleries, museums, heritage buildings
- Capital investments: i.e. building purchases, renovations/construction& equipment purchases
- Corporate gift/prize donations
- Deficit reduction or operating reserves
- For-profit organizations
- Funds directed to individuals
- Funds directed to events: i.e. galas, golf tournaments, runs/walks
- Organizations outside of Canada
- Organizations that promote discrimination on the basis of race, creed, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin
- Organizations soliciting funds on behalf of a non-profit organization or charity
- Political donations
- Privately-funded educational institutions, service clubs, or fraternal organizations
- Religious or faith-based organizations or initiatives
- Student trips or exchange programs
- Unregistered not-for-profit organizations or businesses