Names | Figures | Facts
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the fields of health care, agriculture and high-tech polymer materials. Our products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At the same time we want to create value through innovation, growth and high earning power.
Bayer AG defines common values, goals and strategies for the entire Group. The three subgroups and three service companies operate independently, led by the management holding company. The Corporate Center supports the Group Management Board in its task of strategic leadership.
Business operations are the responsibility of the subgroups:
- Bayer HealthCare makes an important contribution to human and animal health with its innovative products and by researching new therapeutic approaches. The subgroup has four operating divisions: Pharmaceuticals (prescription medicines), Consumer Care (over-the-counter medicines and nutritional supplements), Diabetes Care (blood glucose monitoring systems), Animal Health (veterinary medicines and grooming products).
- Bayer CropScience is a world leader in the areas of crop protection, pest control, seeds and plant biotechnology. As a partner in the production of high-quality food, feed and fiber, the company offers comprehensive solutions for modern, sustainable agriculture and non-agricultural applications.
- Bayer MaterialScience is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of polymers and high-quality plastics. Apart from its polycarbonates and polyurethanes, this company’s offering also includes innovative developments in the fields of coatings, adhesives, insulating materials and sealants. Principal customers are the automotive and construction industries, the electrical/electronics sector and manufacturers of sports and leisure articles, packaging and medical equipment.
Central service functions are combined into three service companies:
- Bayer Business Services is the Bayer Group’s international competence center for IT-based services. Its product offering focuses on integrated services in the core areas of it infrastructure and applications, procurement and logistics, human resources and executive personnel services, and finance and accounting.
- Bayer Technology Services is the global technological backbone for the Bayer Group and a major innovation driver. Its services comprise the development, planning, construction and optimization of processes and plant. This service company offers fully integrated solutions right through the life cycle of production facilities.
- Currenta offers services for the chemical industry including utility supply, waste management, infrastructure, safety, security, analytics and vocational training. This service company – a joint venture between Bayer and lanxess – operates the chempark sites in Leverkusen, Dormagen and Krefeld-Uerdingen, Germany.